It could be that you have had a minor accident and just want to get your car paint job Beacon Square done. With minor accidents it is just a touch up, but in case if your car became a wreck then it is a big job. It is hard to locate and decide on a body shop for your car. A search will show up many body shop or car paint shops. But it is important to understand that this is one of the most difficult jobs around. To understand that all you need to do is talk to a few people who have had their car paints done. Most people claim expertise but then you end up with a car that just doesn’t look right.
Why is it important?
Unless it’s a minor scratch touch up, the car paint job starts once the body repairs are completed. If it is being painted in parts that got replaced only, then you may find yourself with a car that looks to have a few shades of the same color. That looks scrappy after having spent a lot of amount. This is the reason why it’s important to find the right partner for car paint job Beacon Square. After all, we want value for money and also a car that looks like new and that is having consistent paint shades all over!!!!
The trick in this job is to get that shade right as factory paint codes only match up to a 95%. The remaining 5% of the job to get it up to the required color is to be done by people who are experts in this field and know what they are doing. It’s not an easy job at all and needs experience and knowledge to get it just right. Finding the right partner for your car paint job is therefore half the job done.
What it involves?
Proper equipment is required to get your car prepared for the car paint job Beacon Square. It has to be first sanded down in the areas that need to be painted. And then the areas that will not be painted need to be masked with automotive masking tape. Typical areas like the windows and handles, windshields, headlights, tail lights, key holes, tires etc., are masked.
Once the prepping is done, the car paint job starts with a coat of primer. This is a very important step to make sure that the paint actually clings on to the car body. Once the primer coat dries up properly, then the next step is to start the actual painting. This is a very detail and precision oriented job needing proper skills and technique.
The objective is to ensure that the paint coating is even all over the body of the car, any minor dents or scratches is also covered and that the color looks the same all over. One to three coats of paint are applied depending on the need and enough time is kept between the coats to ensure proper drying up.
Watch out for
If you are picking up your car after a car paint job, then do it in the daytime and give it a thorough inspection in the sunlight to check the color shades. Make sure to check for consistency and finish. It is essential to ensure that you get what you paid for and also ensure that your car looks good as new.
*Disclaimer: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Auto Pros Collision Center*